Source Code Management
Source code management enables coordination, sharing and collaboration across the entire software development team. Track and merge branches, audit changes and enable concurrent work, to accelerate software delivery.
Source code management is where development team sharing and collaboration begins
Version control in GitLab helps your development team share, collaborate and maximize their productivity with world class source code management (SCM). Leveraging the industry-leading, open source, distributed version control system Git, GitLab makes your developers more efficient, effective and responsive. Source code management is a critical part of the DevOPs lifecycle, allowing teams to manage their work with a single source of truth.
- Review, comment, and improve each other’s code.
- Share code, enable re-use and ‘innersourcing’.
- File locking prevents conflicts.
- Robust WebIDE accelerates development on any platform.
- Git based repository, enabling developers to work from their local copy of the code.
- Branch code, make changes and then quickly merge code.
- Built-in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) streamlines testing and delivery.
Compliant and Secure
- Review, track and approve code changes with powerful merge requests.
- Automatically scan for code quality and security with every commit.
- Simplify auditing and compliance with granular access controls and reporting.