What is Hashicorp Vault
Hashicorp vault helps to manage secrets and protect sensitive data. It secures, store, and tightly control access to tokens, passwords, certificates, encryption keys for protecting secrets and other sensitive data.
Hashicorp Vault Integration with Opsera
- Manage Secrets and Protect Sensitive Data. Secure, store and tightly control access to tokens, passwords, certificates, encryption keys for protecting secrets and other sensitive data using a UI, CLI, or HTTP API.
- Secure dynamic infrastructure across clouds and environments. The shift from static, on-premise infrastructure to dynamic, multi-provider infrastructure changes the approach to security. Security in static infrastructure relies on dedicated servers, static IP addresses, and a clear network perimeter. Security in dynamic infrastructure is defined by ephemeral applications and servers, trusted sources of user and application identity, and software-based encryption.
- Static Infrastructure. Datacenters with inherently high-trust networks with clear network perimeters.
- Traditional Approach. High trust networks, a clear network perimeter, security enforced by IP Address.
- Dynamic Infrastructure. Multiple clouds and private datacenters without a clear network perimeter.
- Vault Approach. Low-trust networks in public clouds, unknown network perimeter across clouds, security enforced by identity.
- Secrets Management in Low Trust Networks. Centrally store, access, and deploy secrets across applications, systems, and infrastructure.
- Encrypt Application Data in Low Trust Networks. Keep application data secure with one centralized workflow to encrypt data in flight and at rest.
- Leverage Trusted Identities in Low Trust Networks. Authenticate and access different clouds, systems, and endpoints using trusted identities.
- Open Source and Enterprise. Vault Open Source addresses the technical complexity of managing secrets by leveraging trusted identities across distributed infrastructure and clouds. Vault Enterprise addresses the organizational complexity of large user bases and compliance requirements with collaboration and governance features.